On May 7th Dr Aboubacar FALL participated as a member in the Panel of UIA Transport Law Commission at the Webinar which took place on the topic:The Impcat of Covid 19 on the Shipping Industry : Focus on Selected Jurisdictions
Dr FALL is the President of the Senegal Maritime Law Association and a TitularMember of the Comité Maritime International (CMI).
COVID-19 poses unprecedented challenges: how is the shipping industry reacting to them? What measures have been adopted by Governments to limit the effects of the pandemic on such industry? What kind of legal institutions may be invoked to avoid liability in case of breach of transport related contracts? What are the exposures to and potential liability of commercial shipping and the cruise industry as result of the impact of the pandemic?
After an introduction by an authoritative representative of the shipping industry, five transport law experts will reply to those questions and present the situation in some of the most significant jurisdictions.
• Alberto PASINO, President of the UIA Transport (Sea, Land, Air) Law Commission, Zunarelli – Studio Legale Associato, Trieste, Italy
Speakers:• Mario MATTIOLI, President of CONFITARMA – the Italian Confederation of Shipowners, Rome, Italy
• Aboubacar FALL, AF LEGAL Law Firm, Dakar, Senegal
• Olaf HARTENSTEIN, Arnecke Sibeth Dabelstein, Hamburg, Germany
• Christopher B. KENDE, President of UIA Insurance Law Commission, Cozen O’Connor, New York, NY, USA
• Bernardo MELO GRAF, Melo Abogados, Mexico City, Mexico
• Christopher NOLAN, Holland & Knight, New York, NY, USA